Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Challenges


I'm all ready to go fishing.

It's Wednesday and the reports I have of salmon in Irondequoit creek are not good. But it rained this week and I'm confident I will find fish this afternoon. I hope to get in the stream by 2:00 and have a few hookups by 4:00. 

To be continued......

Just got back after a long afternoon of scouting out Irondequoit at (Old Linear park). The water is still very low and quite clear. Even with the overcast I could see into the deepest water. Nothing is moving there. No salmon were seen. That means no crowds either, not many fishing fanatics like me were out today. Maybe they are at the Oak. I spoke with one other fisherman and it was a great day to be out with temps in the 70's. Water temps are still too high in Irondequoit creek.

I have prospects for this weekend. The search is on for Big Fish where ever I can find them.
Here are a few closeups of the Big Fish I'm blogging about.

October 2009

October 2008
October 2010

1 comment:

  1. WOH! That is one “ginormous” fish! My father, brother, and I usually have our fishing challenge at an event or a tournament. As a matter of fact, we’re all looking forward for this year’s upcoming World Sailfish Championships, Key West. You should come! =D It will be from the 6th to the 22nd of April.

    Melanie Daryl

    ReplyDelete