Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here is something of interest to me. Follow the link.

http://www.gvpennysaver.com/hometown/storydetail.aspx?storyid=749

It's a bit about helping veterans fly fish. Something that has been in my thoughts lately.

Another great weekend of fishing. This time I went alone to my place in Southern New York state. It's not much but I can enjoy the quiet solitude of the woods and some nice clean streams like the Ishua stream that I fished Saturday. I had to drive some hours to get to my destination. I found myself headed for Franklinville Where I stopped and simply fished from shore to some nice size browns. It was after a rain so the water was murky but the trout were rising to feed in the film. I tied on a caddis fly and after my first cast and a miss. I soon hooked up and landed a 14 inch brown which I released promptly. No photos again. Hope some day to put some photos on my blog. I wondered if I would even keep it up. Seems you need time set aside to blog. And Wednesdays are the only days I feel like blogging. I might even include a painting or two.



I painted on canvas Sunday as well as a chalk drawing of an underwater fish scene. There is only two hobbies I have stayed consistent with, hence my handle. Fishing and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment