Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today was a good day. I took my boat to a pond near where I live and rowed across to where I thought I could enter another pond but this year some beavers had dammed up the entrance.
So I fished for several hours and caught a few pan fish. It was nice to get out in the fresh morning air. There were a lot of deer around the pond I saw some button bucks, a four point and six point velvet bucks, a pair of twin fawns and many doe eating on the edge of the pond road. The best thing about being out on the water by yourself is.... being out on the water by yourself.

There was a Great Blue Heron catching frogs on the waters edge. As I fished the cattails a wren was collecting insects in the mud. The lily blossoms had not opened until an hour had past. 

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment