Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a great day!

Boy, was it ever raining this morning. The roads were wet all the way to where we would fish. Kim was thinking we would be fishing in the rain. By the time we reached our fishing spot, the wind and rain stopped and the sun came out. There was little time to waste, so into the river we stumbled. Kim spotted the first Salmon running up behind us. We were just getting our feet wet as the last globug was tied on. I ignored the commotion Kim was watching and got us both into an area upstream that would yield fish. We waited for the migrating fish to swim into our ambush. The salmon quickly pasted by Kim and entered the pool in front of me. I splitshot slapped the water a few times and foul hooked a nice King. The fight took a good while but I managed to give the fly rod to Kim. With Kim managing the fish, we landed it successfully.

I took a quick video of some of the fun and as you can hear I'm quite winded.




The rest of the day was beautiful. We only saw one more fish come up through. But there were many other fisherman taking fish today. I was just glad to be out with my honey on a sunny October day.

We also saw one Salmon at Linear Park. What a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Bob,
    What a great little story and video. I love it! Tell Kim she did a great job. We need to all work together and get some great photos and maybe some video on our upcoming trip on October 24th. Don;t you think?

    ReplyDelete