Monday, August 25, 2014

Mid August Mid Night Fishing


    Mid-August midnight fishing was the call I got from my friend Brian.   http://www.brianonthefly.blogspot.com/  So Kim and I went after 8:00 pm to meet up with him and try some new mouse patterns I had tied. It was a warm evening and the moon would not rise for another 4 hours. Brian had gone ahead of us to guide some other fishermen. It was Kim's first time going at night, so I was careful not to run ahead of her too much. It was the large spiders that came out at night that made her wonder what she had agreed to. But it's all part of the experience. She had a mosquito net over her hair. But we had very few mosquitos to contend with. When we got into the stream the air was filled with trico's dancing in front of my head lamp. I set out a good distance from Kim and we both fished until 11:30 with no success. We both had fish splash at our fly.
    We then left the area and went down stream and fished for another two hours. The moon rose up over the water and reflected between the over hanging branches. When our feet got cold we left. Kim and I had a good time together and she would go again if I guaranteed her a fish. More on the night of fishing and the catch at http://www.brianonthefly.blogspot.com/ 

We went the next day to a river closer to our home. It was another warm summer afternoon. I hooked up several times with small mouth bass. Kim learned how to double haul her long cast.

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad Kim didn't have an awesome catch that night. Of course, waiting is a big part of the fishing experience, and it makes getting a bite much more exciting. At least you guys were able to catch some bass on the next day. Anyway, she should use the experience gained from these trips to further her fishing cred. Good luck on the next ones!

    Kathleen Gardner @ Bid2Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. angelrucksack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Dofollow Backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the fantastic piece of work, I read few blog posts on this web site and I believe that your site is real interesting and has lots of great information. vape attic olathe

    ReplyDelete