Monday, October 13, 2014

Thumbs Up for My Fishing Partner.



     October 7th was so nice, I was blessed with a chance to go fishing again. Kim and I took the truck up to the closest tributary near our house. It was about thirty minutes away, and we had to stop and get her a new fishing license. So it was around one o'clock in the afternoon by the time we splashed our split shot and line in the water. I had rigged Kim's fly rod up for salmon. I set mine up for small browns, and was not expecting to land a 10 lb. salmon on 4 lb. test. After searching the water I spied a large brown resting on the bottom of a deep pool. I tried two different wet flies without success. Then tried a small egg sack. Smaller rainbows started attacking it, which must have generated the Browns interest. A few more cast and he took the bait. I handed the rod to Kim and she calmly brought it to shore while I took some photos. Yup, a good picture of a brown trout and thumbs up to my partner.

                                             

Kim kept fishing in that area and caught two more small rainbow trout. We then walked down stream and came upon a female Chinook salmon. I used Kim's fly rod and hooked it. I then handed the rod back to Kim and she landed and released this one also. We fished a little while longer. Kim worked on her drifting technique and I caught two more eight inch rainbows in fast moving current.

                                         

We talked with other fishermen who were not so lucky. It was a good day to be out with my wife on a fall afternoon in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment