Monday, April 4, 2011

Fishing April Waters


Opening day of trout was Friday for most inland streams. The water was very fishable. I prefer not to venture out when hoards of spinners were lining the stream.


My season started Saturday,

I did not leave until noon and went to Avoca, 25 minutes south of Naples to the Cohocton river.

This river is open year round for trout. I caught a 14 inch Brown which most likely was stocked this past Thursday. It took a egg pattern.

(notice the clipped fin). (I had problems with camera)


I fished a lot of water until 4:30 and this was the only bite. I should tie some flies sometime. My eye caught one miller (moth) flying above the water. The water was clear and I saw nothing else. It was a little windy, but what a nice day for seeing into the water.

Walked the river for about a mile.

1 comment:

  1. Bob - It's good to see you holding a fish again!! Lets try and get out soon.

    ReplyDelete