Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Three Brothers on the fly

Mid June was when my brother Paul, Marvin, Kim and I went fishing for trout in a NYS stream. The rain had caused much muddy water. But it was a good time to get out and practice casting. I tried to be optimistic about the spot where I had caught many fish in before. With my confidence and instruction, my brothers proceeded to interpret how to fish with a nymph with an indicator. And they did quite well without results. However when they proceeded to go at it on their own, Kim took over the spot and was the only person to land a fish that afternoon. We took photos and got our feet wet while fishing for the illusive brown trout.


The day did not pan out... that is fish in the frying pan.


Paul had been asking me to take him out fishing for three years now. It's not that I've been putting him off, It's just he lives on the west coast and only gets out to see us once in a great while. So this past week I rallied up the group to go fly fishing. Marvin, Kim and Paul each had great expectations of catching fish. It had rained hard the previous day. When we got to the trout stream, I was disappointed that the water was not clear. We trekked in and it was a beautiful day without mosquitoes. The fishing to me was less important than the fly casting. I helped with tactical methods of casting for trout. I had a great time fishing with everyone. Yes, That's what this sport is all about.


Kim's video of the only catch of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment