Thursday, July 19, 2018

Just to name a few.


Last Saturday I wanted to scram on down to a creek I really think is pristine. The creek is just outside of Letchworth State Park, about an hour from home. I got an early start and it still was midway into the feeding hours for trout. When I saw them rising I knew it would be a good morning. With no thought of what trout might be nipping at, I went with a caddisfly. Before long I was taking photos of  this 14 inch trout. Released it back to feed, I caught several more. Then the action just stopped. I tried a few other stoneflies and nymphs but no luck. I waded down stream and caught another nice brown hiding under a tree fall in fast water. Large yellow stonefly nymphs work good for this.





The morning light caught my eye on this photo.



Later in the day I found this bad boy in the Genesee river.
I filled my day with fishing, what else is there?




The saturday before last I explored the Canandaigua Outlet, in Phelps, NY and just caught this Chub.


And this Racoon.


1 comment: