Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Maxwell Creek


Today was just a beautiful day to be out in a creek. When a fishing blog starts this way you know that no one caught any fish. Sure the sunshine was nice and the water was the perfect color, but once this spring I'd like to land a nice steelhead before the run is over.

So today I got some great photos and a movie of Maxwell creek in Wayne County. I fished the morning and hooked a good sized Steelhead. It began to strip line downstream, went under a log and broke off. Several fallen trees have blocked the stream so hopefully you can keep your fish from bolting down stream. I hooked another fish in the same fashion and I lost it. After stopping for lunch I went back to the creek and fished below the bridge. I saw two more steelhead but never hooked up.


Like I said before...Today was just a beautiful day to be out in a creek. I saw only a few fish caught. I took time to shoot photos of a stonefly hatch and some red head beadle.

Enjoy the pics







1 comment:

  1. That sure is some high and fast water! It's great that you could get into a few steelhead.

    ReplyDelete