Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rainbows of the Spring

Saturday morning brought more time to fish. I checked the brook in Fishers and saw nothing, I stopped and explored the upper part of Irondequoit in Victor still nothing. And when I got to Penfield, still I did not see any sign of a steelhead run. I guess my information was as reliable as the internet. Met a guy in the parking lot who said when Linear is filled with suckers he heads to Sandy.
I managed to hook a few suckers and snag a few overhanging trees. Until wham.... I brought in a nice 16 inch rainbow. This got me hyped for more fishing. I worked my way downstream and landed a cute 10 inch rainbow. Catch and release was the order of the day. Snagged a few more suckers and that's my weekend.

10:00, sunny, 29 degrees, white woolly bugger, 16"R
12:30, water temp about 50, white pompom, 10"R

Some things I tied for my fly box... prince, caddis pupa, bubble caddis...



http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases_calendar.phtml

2 comments:

  1. Bob - First of all those look like some killer flies!!! And Second - Luke, Jessie and another friend of his(Andy) hit up that other Lake Ontario trib that you mentioned and hooked a whole bunch of fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! I haven't caught a rainbow in so long. Hopefully I'll get out there soon and have a chance at them!

    ReplyDelete